Tilt-up construction is a rapidly growing construction method in the United States. raSmith provides comprehensive tilt-up engineering services to meet the needs of our clients. This construction technique is highly versatile and can be applied in various applications such as schools, warehouses, office buildings, and others. Compared to precast panels, tilt-up construction offers a cost-effective and efficient alternative. Tilt-up panels are formed and erected on site, eliminating the dimensional constraints associated with transportation by trucks. This on-site forming and erection process allows for a shorter construction schedule. From the initial design phase to project completion, raSmith offers expert support, including engineered panel drawings and assistance with any questions that may arise.
raSmith’s structural engineering staff of over 30 individuals includes registered professional engineers who can sign and seal drawings in 48 states. In addition to tilt-up design, raSmith works on projects nationwide in conventional structural system design, cold-formed steel framing design, and finish systems design. Our diverse skillset and national experience positions us as leaders in the industry and enables us to continue expanding our geographic reach into new markets.
Tilt-Up Structural Engineering Services
raSmith offers comprehensive engineering services to guide our clients through their entire tilt-up project. Our full-service engineering package will provide the assurance our clients need from project initiation to completion, and we are readily available to address any questions or concerns throughout the process. Our individual panel drawings provide a detailed reinforcement plan to ensure accurate placement in the field. Our primary objective is to deliver an exceptional product while ensuring the project stays on track.
- Structural Panel Design and Analysis
- Determining code requirements
- Evaluating site conditions and constraints
- Developing optimal panel dimensions and thickness
- Designing panel openings
- Designing all reinforcement and embed requirements
- Construction Documentation
- Preparation of detailed construction drawings
- Specifications for tilt-up panel fabrication and installation
- Reinforcement detailing and anchoring requirements
- Compliance with local building codes and regulations
- Project Management and Coordination
- Collaborating with architects, contractors, and subcontractors
- Reviewing construction plans and overseeing implementation
- Providing technical support and guidance during construction
- Conducting on-site inspections and quality control
- Structural Analysis and Evaluation
- Ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations
- Structural Panel Design and Analysis
What Are Tilt-Up Structural Engineering Services?
raSmith offers tilt-up concrete structural component design to fit our clients' needs. Our comprehensive services include:
- Overall plan and panel layouts, along with wall elevations.
- Steel reinforcing and concrete requirements and associated sections, details, and schedules.
- Connection design and details, ensuring secure connections to both the foundation and building structure.
- Stamped drawings and calculations for approval by the authority having jurisdiction and the engineer of record.
What are the Benefits of Tilt-Up Concrete Engineering?
- Design flexibility: Tilt-up panels are not limited by shipping considerations and factory operational constraints, allowing for more varied sizes and shapes.
- Aesthetic flexibility: A wide variety of patterns and reliefs can be integrally incorporated into the wall panels.
- Energy savings and efficiency: Tilt-up concrete wall panels have a high thermal mass, which prevents large fluctuations in temperatures. This allows the panels to meet stringent building code energy requirements. Where even higher energy efficiency is required, insulation can be integrated into the wall panel, further enhancing their performance.
- Reduced schedule: Tilt-up panel construction (compared to other types of concrete wall panel construction) can lead to reduced construction schedules and associated cost savings.
Can Tilt-up construction be used for both small and large-scale projects?
- Tilt-up construction can be used on both small and large-scale projects. Each project is custom built, with panels formed on site, eliminating shipping considerations or factory operational restraints. This allows for various panel sizes and shapes to fit the specific needs of the project.
- Tilt-up construction can be used for various types of buildings including commercial, industrial, educational, religious, and many others.
Why should we choose raSmith for Tilt-Up Structural engineering Services?
- We have experience nationwide as an engineer of record for various building types, which provides a beneficial perspective and experience for overall project success and seamless integration of tilt-up design.
- raSmith’s philosophy involves working with contractors to understand their construction preferences, enabling us to tailor our designs and construction details to meet their needs.
- Our experience in tilt-up and reinforced concrete design allows us to deliver high-quality and cost-effective results while still meeting all building code requirements. This experience allows us to tailor our design to meet the requirements of each project.