Pabst Farms – Wisconsin’s Largest Mixed-Use Development Oconomowoc, WI
At 1,500 acres, Pabst Farms in Oconomowoc is Wisconsin’s largest mixed-use development. Housing, retail and commercial areas, industrial uses, a hotel and a major regional medical complex are all a part of the continuing development. From the initial planning in the early 2000s, raSmith has been the primary consultant for civil engineering, site planning, surveying and landscape architecture. Our services have ranged from roadways, parking lots and utilities to stormwater management and landscape architecture.
With particular sensitivity to the water quality of nearby lake bodies, the stormwater management plan raSmith designed allows 80% of all rainfall to be infiltrated on site with the remaining 20% discharged off site, consistent with pre-development conditions.
Surveying services included preparation of an ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey for the real estate closing; certified survey maps to define tax incremental financing (TIF) boundaries; and a plat of survey with topographic and utility detail for use as a base map for site design. The raSmith survey staff completing the initial 300-acre survey collected 4,000 data points and 20 section corners in just one and one-half days.
Among the Pabst Farms projects, raSmith provided land development services for a 217,000-sq.-ft. Fleet Farm store and fuel station, which was honored as a 2018 Top Project by The Daily Reporter.
At raSmith, we value people and help employees grow within their careers. As our connection to the client, we encourage employees to be their creative best and support them in cultivating good ideas that solve our clients’ challenges. It’s the diversified experience and holistic perspective we bring that set us apart. We are creative beyond engineering.