raSmith uses LiDAR (3D laser scanning) to help clients best understand the as-built environment. As early adopters of LiDAR, our staff uses this powerful technology for an array of projects that involve both sites and buildings, interiors and exteriors. Over the last 14 years we have worked on projects in states across the U.S. Importantly, all of our expertise is in-house.
raSmith’s LiDAR services reach beyond because of our ability to provide survey ground control, ensuring extreme accuracy. By asking clients the necessary questions upfront, we are able to quickly identify if LiDAR, or another survey method, will best suit their needs. Our staff’s ability to match client needs with the correct survey tool is based on our extensive use of LiDAR technology, commitment to sound survey principles, and survey experience dating to 1929. Our focus on accuracy and ability to think outside the box assures our clients that we will deliver the best solution.
What is LiDAR?
With LiDAR, millions and sometimes even billions of data points are rapidly collected. The point cloud data is digitally converted into high-quality deliverables including 2D plans/elevations, basic 3D models, and BIM/Revit models, among others.
LiDAR (3D Laser Scanning) Services
- Accident/forensic surveys
- ADA compliance surveys
- Building surveys/as-built model creation
- Complex ALTA surveys
- Existing condition modelling
- Facility surveys in inaccessible or unsafe locations
- Floor flatness surveys
- Historic structure preservation/restoration
- MEP infrastructure as-built model creation
- Monitoring/deformation surveys
- Revit modelling
- Roadway and bridge surveys/as-built model creation
- Structural steel verification surveys
- Volumetric surveys
- Wire sag surveys